Christian Science Nursing care is provided 24 hours a day for those individuals relying on Christian Science for healing. The Christian Science nursing staff creates an uplifting environment to support spiritual growth through skillful Christian Science nursing care.
Inpatient Christian Science nursing services include:
· Assessing individual care needs based on the patient’s demonstrated ability
· Cleansing and bandaging wounds
· Assisting with personal care
· Assisting with mobility (getting up, walking, lifting, etc.)
· Assisting with nourishment (and modifications, as needed)
· Providing for patients who are receiving care in bed
· Ensuring a safe environment with appropriate activity
· Reading aloud the Christian Science Bible Lesson and other authorized Christian Science literature
Outpatient Christian Science nursing services include:
· Cleansing and bandaging
· Care of sports injuries
· Assistance/instruction with temporary mobility needs
Care is provided under the oversight of an experienced Journal-listed Christian Science nurse. All nursing patients are expected to be working daily with a Journal-listed Christian Science practitioner. All care is consistent with the theology of Christian Science.
Arrangements can be made for home Christian Science nursing, loan of Christian Science nursing equipment, and provision for Christian Science nursing supplies and rest and study.
For inpatient admission or outpatient assistance, please call (916) 486-1161 between 8 AM and 5 PM.